Check the README for details on features, installation and usage.
It is now possible to run Open Match from the yaml attached to this release. There have also been many improvements to help day to day development.
- MMFs are now implemented as a gRPC service. (golang sample provided)
- Using k8s jobs to trigger MMFs is now deprecated. All existing examples using the k8s mechanism have been removed.
- Open Match now uses gRPC based Evaluator (golang sample provided). Existing k8s job based evaluation mechanism is deprecated.
- MMFOrc component is now deprecated and removed from Open Match core.
- All core Open Match services now use gRPC style request / response protos.
- New release process
- Documentation improvements
- Redis bug fixes
- Performance improvements for continuous integration
- Using make to build the project now correctly works in more scenarios.
- GOPATH is no longer required for most things.
- Contribution process and continuous deployment are now easier to use.
- MMFs no longer require cluster admin.
See CHANGELOG for more details on changes.
# Servers docker pull gcr.io/open-match-public-images/openmatch-backendapi:0.5.0 docker pull gcr.io/open-match-public-images/openmatch-frontendapi:0.5.0 docker pull gcr.io/open-match-public-images/openmatch-mmforc:0.5.0 docker pull gcr.io/open-match-public-images/openmatch-mmlogicapi:0.5.0 # Evaluators docker pull gcr.io/open-match-public-images/openmatch-evaluator-serving:0.5.0 # Sample Match Making Functions docker pull gcr.io/open-match-public-images/openmatch-mmf-go-grpc-serving-simple:0.5.0 # Test Clients docker pull gcr.io/open-match-public-images/openmatch-backendclient:0.5.0 docker pull gcr.io/open-match-public-images/openmatch-clientloadgen:0.5.0 docker pull gcr.io/open-match-public-images/openmatch-frontendclient:0.5.0
This software is currently alpha, and subject to change. Not to be used in production systems.
To deploy Open Match in your Kubernetes cluster run the following commands:
# Grant yourself cluster-admin permissions so that you can deploy service accounts. kubectl create clusterrolebinding myname-cluster-admin-binding --clusterrole=cluster-admin --user=$(YOUR_KUBERNETES_USER_NAME) # Place all Open Match components in their own namespace. kubectl create namespace open-match # Install Open Match and monitoring services. kubectl apply -f https://github.com/googleforgames/open-match/releases/download/v0.5.0/install.yaml --namespace open-match # Install the example MMF and Evaluator. kubectl apply -f https://github.com/googleforgames/open-match/releases/download/v0.5.0/install-example.yaml --namespace open-match